Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seroconversion

Seroconversion is the most frightening word I know of. I'm undergoing what's called a scare right now. I've been exposed to the virus, albeit in a manner very unlikely (about 1/4000) to transmit. I've also started PEP via Retrovir and Epivir, a combination which has an 80% success rate in preventing transmission in high risk scenarios. Having said all of this, I don't think I've ever been this frightened in my life. The word seroconversion, whether I seroconvert or not, will likely haunt me for the rest of my life...

2 comments:

Scott said...

You don't know me from Adam... I added your blog to my reader when I came out to myself and jumped into the MoHo blogging world but that was long after your (now second-)most recent post...

But if the prayers and thoughts of a stranger mean anything to you, know that you'll be in mine.

Kengo Biddles said...

Oh.

Wow.

You're in my thoughts, and prayers (if you'll have them).

There was an error in this gadget